ページ

2011年3月21日月曜日

Farewell to "Relay Tsubame"











I have been absent from blogging since the devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit the eastern coastal area of Northern Japan last week. Now I am back again though I am worried about whether I should be back or not on my blog when the people in the disaster-affected areas are still suffering. The train in these photos is an express train which ran between Shin-Yatsushiro and Hakata until March 11. I took them at and near the Shin-Yatsushiro Station on the day which the powerful earthquake occurred. I only knew about the horrible earthquake on TV when I returned home in the evening. We will never see "Relay Tsubame" run in our area again. It was one of my favorite trains. I will miss it.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I will miss it too...I enjoyed two round trips from Hakata to Shin-Yatsushiro on this train. It is quite a coincidence that it's last run was the day of the earthquake...sort of a tribute, perhaps.

    返信削除