ページ

2011年4月5日火曜日

My Last Students


This is a picture of the students from a college in Singapore whom I taught Japanese language in March. They came to Japan on a 42 day-study-abroad program on March 5. Today was one of the days when I was supposed to teach them, but my class was cancelled. They had left Japan last week because of the earthquake, tsunami, and the accident of the nuclear power plant in northern Japan. I decided not to renew my part time teaching job at a junior college for the next fiscal year which begins in April. One of the reasons is a medical treatment for my longstanding heart condition. So I completely retired from my teaching job which I had enjoyed for 47 years. These three foreign students are my last students. I really enjoyed teaching them and I thought that they also enjoyed my class. I liked their friendly smiles.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I can feel your sentimental feelings over another big change in your life...they look like great young people and I am admiring their friendly smiles. Another door will open...

    返信削除